Outdoor soccer is a favorite for several fun and interesting reasons
For many young professionals across the Boston area, winter seems to drag on forever. Fortunately, the days are getting shorter now and before long, spring will be in full swing. If you want to enjoy some fresh outdoor air, network with other professionals, get some regular exercise, and feed your competitive spirit, Boston Ski & Sports Club’s outdoor sports leagues are now open for registration, including men’s, women’s, and coed soccer leagues.
About Boston Ski and Sports Club’s Outdoor Soccer Leagues
Outdoor soccer is a favorite among the area’s young professionals for several fun and interesting reasons.
• It’s great exercise. Soccer is an aerobic sport that gets your heart pumping and helps you break a sweat, which makes it ideal for helping you meet your fitness goals.
• You can engage your competitive side. A little friendly competition is always fun, especially when you can compete with people who share similar interests. Boston Ski & Sports Club’s leagues are sure to help you quench your thirst for competition.
• Each league has divisions. You may feel a bit anxious about joining an outdoor soccer league if you don’t consider yourself very athletic. Boston Ski & Sports Club creates divisions within each league so everyone can join and play against teams that have a similar skill level.
• Match scheduling is flexible. Soccer matches are scheduled on weekends or a weeknight, which means even the busiest professionals can find time to play.
• There are numerous locations available. Boston Ski & Sports Club’s outdoor soccer leagues serve participants in numerous communities, including not only Greater Boston, but also South Boston, Medford, Waltham, Watertown, Somerville, and Newton, among others.
• You can sign up individually or as a team. Do you have a group of friends you want on your team? Boston Ski & Sports Clubs can sign you all up together with the new small groups feature. On the other hand, if you want to be placed on a team sharing your skill level, or if you simply want to meet new people, you can also sign up as an individual.
• It’s a great way to build your network. One of the biggest benefits associated with joining an outdoor sports league is the ability to meet people in your industry or a complementary industry, which can help you grow your professional network.
Getting Started with Outdoor Soccer League
Outdoor soccer leagues resume in March, which gives you plenty of time to learn more about soccer and even improve your skills before the first game. You can find a list of rules and policies to review online, and if you want to improve your soccer abilities, you can find YouTube videos and more to teach you the basics. However, it is important to keep in mind that you do not need to be incredibly experienced or have a great deal of athletic prowess. Simply familiarizing yourself with the rules will provide you with the foundation you need to start your journey in an outdoor soccer league.
If you’re a busy young professional living or working in Boston or the surrounding area, Boston Ski & Sports Club’s outdoor soccer leagues can help you stay fit, provide you with flexible scheduling, help you make new friends, and even expand your network. Registration begins soon whether you wish to join as an individual or a team in a coed, women’s or men’s league.
Related Content: 5 Things You Can Do Right Now to Improve Your Soccer Skills
BSSC has 50 years of experience of being Boston's Way to Play! BSSC participants will continue to have access to the best events, sports leagues, ski trips and adventure travel in New England. Create your account to join in today!Create your Account
Invalid credentials provided