Find the outdoor softball league in Greater Boston for you
You can find adult softball leagues in just about every major city and small town in America. However, when you join Boston Ski & Sports Club (BSSC) for your softball fix, you’ll soon discover why it’s the best way to get outside and enjoy this all-American sport from April through November.
The Appeal of Outdoor Softball
These days, most people finish the work day, then go home and entertain themselves until it’s time to go to bed, sleep, and do it all over again. Many people could stand to be a little more active, and for some, it seems there’s not much opportunity to do that outside of paying for a gym membership. If sweating on a treadmill isn’t for you, then outdoor softball could be. It’s a great way to meet up with others and get in some exercise – and the games through BSSC are conveniently scheduled for evenings and weekends.
An Exciting Coed Sport
Softball teams across the country are typically divided in such a way that women only play against women and men only play against men. These teams, often sponsored by local businesses, do provide ample opportunity to exercise and meet like-minded people, but because the leagues are divided, teams play fewer games and meet fewer people each season. BSSC aims to put men and women together on exciting coed leagues that everyone can enjoy together. Men and women alike are encouraged to sign up for one of the many teams in and around Boston.
Benefits of Joining BSSC Softball Leagues
If you’re still looking for reasons to join BSSC outdoor softball leagues, there are plenty to consider. Aside from the health benefits, the ability to socialize, and the coed nature of the sport, consider all the following:
• There are more than 300 teams in the Boston area. Hundreds upon hundreds of people in Boston and the surrounding areas sign up for outdoor softball each year, which means you’re sure to form new friendships and meet new people.
• The season runs from April through November. This means you’ll have eight months’ worth of fun and excitement to look forward to each year. Spring leagues start in April/May, while Fall sessions begin in August.
• Games take place on fields throughout Boston. BSSC has access to some of the best softball fields in the Greater Boston area, from South Boston to Newton, and Somerville to Medford and Woburn.
• Leagues are slow-pitch and umpired. This means almost anyone can get in on the action, and the umpires make sure things stay fair throughout the season.
• There’s something to suit your schedule. If you’re playing coed outdoor softball, you can choose from two leagues. One plays Tuesdays & Thursdays, and the other plays Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. There’s also Sunday coed softball for those who want a little less commitment. Men’s leagues play on Fridays and Saturdays.
If you’re looking for something fresh, fun, and exciting to do during the warmer months, and if you live in or around the Greater Boston area, consider BSSC’s outdoor softball leagues. There are hundreds of teams and many different league options to suit your needs. There’s still plenty of time to sign up, as well.
BSSC has 50 years of experience of being Boston's Way to Play! BSSC participants will continue to have access to the best events, sports leagues, ski trips and adventure travel in New England. Create your account to join in today!Create your Account
Invalid credentials provided