Your favorite playground game is now available for adults
For sports, participants must be 18 or older. Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis subject to the discretion of the BSSC Program Manager.
For social, travel, ski racing, ski weekend and ski vacation activities, participants must be 21 or older. Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis subject to the discretion of the BSSC Program Manager.
For ski day trips, participants age 13 and under must be accompanied by a parent and carry a Parental Consent Form . Participants age 14-17 must carry a Parental Consent Form.
For all activities, you are responsible to judge your own ability to participate in an activity based on your own physical capabilities and endurance, the weather, conditions, and anything else pertaining to the activity. If there is a BSSC escort or on-site representative, their only responsibility is to ascertain to the best of their abilities that the features and logistics of the activity are appropriately carried out. Their participation does not indicate that the activity is safe or suitable for you.
Boston Ski & Sports Club also reserves the right to disallow your participation if you do not have the required safety gear. Refer to specific leagues and activities for further detail.
BSSC is committed to maintaining a pleasant, comfortable and safe recreational environment and therefore expects its participants to adhere to a code of conduct with respect to other participants, spectators, BSSC staff, game officials, agents carrying out services, and others. In sports games and other competitive activities, we expect participants to uphold basic standards of good sportsmanship, including but not limited to:
• Understanding, appreciating and abiding by the rules of the game
• Maintaining high standards of the honor system
• Respecting the integrity and judgment of game officials
• Shaking hands with the opponent after each game
BSSC stands united behind the principles of respect, inclusion, and acceptance. We welcome and are committed to providing a fun and safe environment for all persons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability, veteran status or national origin. Our rules, despite gender requirements or game-play, are inclusive of all sexualities and gender identities and expressions, and we encourage you to identify in our leagues and activities as you prefer. If you should have any concerns or needs, please email your program manager (listed on each activity web page) for assistance.
The following are examples of unacceptable conduct in BSSC activities:
• Illegal activity
• Threatening, intimidating, harassing or violent verbal or physical behaviors
• Excessive, inappropriate, rude, argumentative or disruptive actions and/or profanity
• Excessive drinking or disorderly conduct
• Disregard of the rules of the facility which includes no littering & respectful communications with representatives and other patrons
• Any other behavior which, in the sole discretion of BSSC, the game official, tour escort and/or agents carrying out services, is deemed to be in any way inappropriate
Any person or team considered to be in violation of this code of conduct can be immediately removed from the game or activity, requiring the participant(s) to leave the playing area and/or event venue in a timely fashion, and will be subject to any or all of the following disciplinary actions, in each instance without refund of any kind:
• Verbal warning
• Written warning
• Expulsion from league or activity
• Ban from further BSSC activities
• Termination of membership
Boston Ski & Sports Club is a membership organization which provides discounted rates on activities to those holding a valid annual membership.
Prices and arrangements for all membership types and activities are subject to change without notice.
BSSC membership fees will not be adjusted or prorated. Memberships cannot be put “on hold,” nor refunds issued, if your situation or interests change during the course of your membership.
By sending photo(s) or video to us, you agree that you are granting permission to use your likeness for promotional and media purposes.
By participating in a BSSC activity, you agree that you are consenting to the taking of photographs, movies or video and are granting permission to use your likeness for promotional and media purposes.
BSSC is committed to maintaining a pleasurable, comfortable and safe recreational environment and therefore expects its participants to adhere to a code of conduct with respect to other participants, agents carrying out services, BSSC staff and others. The following are examples of unacceptable conduct in BSSC activhreatening, intimidating, harassing or violent verbal or physical behaviors
There are 3 ways to see if activities are canceled. We will always make an effort to give you a few hours notice, but that may not always be possible, so it is the participant’s responsibility to check these 3 sources.
BSSC Weather Cancellation Line: 617-789-4070 ext 300
For outdoor activities, cancellations depend upon the playability of a field, not whether it is raining. Decisions are usually made after 4pm on weekdays and 2-3 hours in advance on weekends. Because conditions & weather can change, updates are made as necessary, and we suggest you check before heading out to your activity. Games scheduled for synthetic grass fields are usually never cancelled unless there is thunder & lightning. In case of lightning near a field, games will be stopped immediately and then resumed when safe...this may cause a delay in the schedule or require some or all games to be cancelled depending on the duration of lightning. Activities may also be cancelled per the directive of the field/venue owner if they feel damage may be done to the field by playing on it.
During the winter months, occasionally activities may be cancelled due to snow. Some sports leagues use school facilities which may be closed if school was cancelled. However, some schools allow us to play as long as the parking lot is cleared. Other facilities are always open, and we will only cancel if overall conditions are too problematic. We will usually not cancel in advance based on a forecast of snow, but wait until actual accumulation. Similarly, if it is snowing in the morning or early afternoon, but is due to stop, we will wait until 4 or 5pm to see if we can play.
For all sports activities, alcohol is strictly prohibited. Violation of this rule jeopardizes the use of the field for the entire league. Players cannot consume alcohol on any part of league premises, including parking lots, before or after a game, and no player will be allowed to compete if the game official feels that a player has been drinking before the game. The offending player(s) will be removed from the game and face further disciplinary action per the code of conduct.
Click below to download the policy.DOWNLOAD
Full Season. Players must be members for the season to avoid the non-member fee.
Memberships that expire during the session. If a players does not renew before the roster deadline (By renewing for $50, it will extend their membership for one full year from the present expiration date), the captain will be charged the $25 non-member fee.
Non-members wishing to join BSSC. To avoid the $25 non-member fee, a player must join BSSC ($65 for a full year) during the first 3 weeks of the session. Once a $25 non-member fee is paid, it will not be refunded to the captain, the player must pay the $25 to the captain directly and they can no longer apply the $25 toward a membership.
For cancellation requests, notice must be received in writing by the dates indicated.
All league participants, officials, and spectators are expected to treat every facility with respect. Please do not abuse the facility, its staff, or anyone else within the facility, by leaving trash, swearing, or any other acts that may be deemed disrespectful. In addition to BSSC’s league rules, all are also subject to the rules of conduct which may exist for the facility. Failure to comply may result in expulsion from the league or other disciplinary actions as defined in the code of conduct.
Boston Ski & Sports Club and its sponsor, Mass Bay Brewing Company Inc. (collectively "BSSC") is not responsible for any injury, loss or damage to person or property, resulting from participation in, parking at, or traveling to and from activities. Please review the following complete agreement which you will be asked, either before, after or at the activity, to sign.
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the BOSTON SKI AND SPORTS CLUB athletic sports programs, related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates and agrees that:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist;
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES, or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASEAND HOLD HARMLESS BOSTON SKI & SPORTS CLUB INC. their officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event ("RELEASEES"), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH or loss of damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OF OTHERWISE. I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT. BY SIGNING, I AGREE TO THESE TERMS FOR THIS SPECIFIC LEAGUE AS WELL AS ANY OTHER BSSC ACTIVITY DURING THE NEXT YEAR.
BSSC has 50 years of experience of being Boston's Way to Play! BSSC participants will continue to have access to the best events, sports leagues, ski trips and adventure travel in New England. Create your account to join in today!Create your Account
Invalid credentials provided