The Boston area’s #1 transport to top ski resorts
throughout the Northeast, North America and the World!
Enhanced Safety Protocols
• Before a person can attend a trip, they must have submitted a signed (print or digital) waiver of liability. These may be signed before boarding the bus, or in the case of drive-yourself trips and air travel, they must be submitted to BSSC prior to the trip.
• To participate, participants must show no signs or symptoms of COVID-19 for 14 days. COVID-19 symptoms include cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, diarrhea, feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater or equal to 100.4.
• Participants coming from outside of Massachusetts must comply with any travel requirements mandated by the CDC, the Commonwealth and other states/countries.
• Participants must comply with state Travel requirements including any testing & quarantine requirements.
New Hampshire: https://www.covidguidance.nh.gov/out-state-visitors
Jay Peak: https://jaypeakresort.com/trip-planning/everclean-program
Smugglers Notch: https://www.smuggs.com/pages/universal/covid19-update.php
Sunday River: https://www.sundayriver.com/covid
Waterville Valley: https://www.waterville.com/guidelines
• Participants should maintain proper hand hygiene throughout the trip. We recommend that each participant have their own supply of hand sanitizer.
• At resorts, participants should adhere to any signage located on the premises which may mark things such as one-way entrances, one-way exits, social distance spacing, etc.
• Participants should use their own food/water and personal equipment. Items including, but not limited to, gloves, helmets, and goggles should not be shared.
• If a participant begins to feel ill with COVID-19 symptoms during the trip, they should immediately separate themselves from other participants and notify the BSSC trip leader.
• Participants must adhere to the rules of the governing state(s), city(ies), resort(s) and venue(s) for all activities for the duration of the trip.
• Participants should pick up after themselves before leaving buses and/or hotel rooms.
• Participants should take care to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms.
• Participants should follow CDC travel guidelines upon return to Massachusetts: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-travel-order
• BSSC Trip Leaders will achieve and maintain proper hand hygiene both before entering and exiting the bus/venue/airport.
• BSSC Trip Leaders are required to screen themselves for COVID-19 symptoms before coming to the trip, and may only report for the trip if they are without symptoms. If they become ill during the trip, they will take steps to separate themselves from the group.
• BSSC Trip Leaders will help to ensure participants’ adherence to safety protocols. If a participant is found in violation of any of these standards, it is grounds for disciplinary action as determined by BSSC without refund. Please cooperate with all BSSC Trip Leaders as they remind you of safety protocol requirements and suggestions. All are intended for the well-being of our participants, trip leaders, staff and entire community.
• If a participant tests positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of having attended a BSSC trip, we ask that they notify the BSSC Program Manager by email as soon as possible.
• If informed of a positive COVID-19 test, BSSC will follow the disclosure and contact tracing protocols of the state, county and city. Any communication required of BSSC will be handled in accordance with health regulations and will ensure the confidentiality of the identity of the reporting person.
• If a participant tests positive for COVID-19, they should follow the protocols regarding quarantine and contact tracing from the department of health.
• As noted in the waiver, it is important to highlight again that, while BSSC is following the standards set by the Commonwealth, in its policies and practices designed to reduce the risk of exposure/contracting COVID-19, BSSC is not able to guarantee that participants will not be exposed to, or contract, COVID-19 either in connection with their participation in the trip, or other aspects of life. Each participant should make the decision best for them regarding their participation.
• These policies and procedures will be adjusted as necessary to stay up to date with regulations and best practices.
• We are subject to state regulations on travel requirements which are subject to change. Currently there are no travel requirements.
• We will keep you informed of any steps that you may need to take for your trip if travel requirements change, but it is up to you to stay informed.
• If you are traveling solo, you may choose to be matched up with a roommate with proof of vaccination, or purchase a single room. Note that we cannot guarantee that a roommate will be found.
• You will be eligible for carpool opportunities with proof of vaccination.
• While we may still send along a trip leader to make sure all arrangements go smoothly and to meet for skiing and riding, there may not be group gatherings planned for meals, après, or off-slope activities. This will depend on the safety protocols of the resort/state in place at the time of the trip.
BSSC has 50 years of experience of being Boston's Way to Play! BSSC participants will continue to have access to the best events, sports leagues, ski trips and adventure travel in New England. Create your account to join in today!Create your Account
Invalid credentials provided